Hello readers, we here bring you the temporary checkpoints for pneumatic butterfly valve maintenance. Let me introduce you to the butterfly valve if you don’t know. The butterfly valve is a kind of valve that controls the fluid flow. In these valves, there is a perpendicular disc that rotates on its axis. This rotational disc is connected to the stem that is connected to the actuator or manual handle. When the valve is closed, the disc blocks the fluid from passing away. When you give a quarter-turn, the disc rotates and opens the valve. The disc is available in the passageway but does not interrupt the fluid flow. The valve may also be opened incrementally for throttling.
Pneumatics: Pneumatics is also a part of the engineering that uses pressurized air. Pneumatic systems utilizing industries are dependent on compressed air or compressed inert gases. All pneumatic devices like pneumatic cylinders and motors are energized by a centralized electrically powered compressor. A pneumatic system controlled through manual or automatic solenoid valves is chosen when it gives a lower cost, more flexibility, or safer alternative to electric motors and actuators.
- Need to keep clean during the use of pneumatic butterfly valves and the transmission threads must be lubricated on a regular basis. Whenever a fault appears, the valve should be stopped immediately to look for the cause and remove the fault.
- The valve’s packing gland bolts should be equally tightened, and should not be bent. The bent may cause injury to prevent stem movement or leakage.
- While installation of the butterfly valve, the valve can be directly installed on the pipeline apropos to the connection method. Under ordinary situations, it can be installed at any position but it needs to be easily permissible for maintenance. Keep in mind that the medium flow of the valve should be upward from the vertical valve disc.
- Don’t use the butterfly valves to adjust the flow rate, otherwise, its sealing surface will be eroded and increase wear. Always turn the stem either fully open or fully close.
- A gear handwheel is recommended rather than a lever to operate the butterfly valve. Using a hand lever or other tools leads to damaging the valve. To turn it off, rotate the handwheel clockwise and vice versa for turn on.
- Before the establishment of a butterfly valve, it is necessary to carefully check the pressure mark on the valve, whether the diameter meets the requirements for use, to repel defects caused during carrying, and to remove dirt from the valve.
- For a long time, stored valves should be inspected on a regular basis. The valve surfaces should be clean and clear from dirt. During the pneumatic butterfly valves, both ends of the channel should be closed. Keep them neatly in a ventilated and dry place. Don’t store or stack in the open area, under the sky.
We Aira Euro Automation are the core butterfly valve manufacturer in Yemen. We offer all kinds of Pneumatic butterfly valves including eccentric, double offset, and triple offset butterfly valves. Also, offer lined butterfly valves and manually operated butterfly valves.